Parenting is not an easy task...It's an around-the-clock job which is often overwhelming. Family Focus is there to help. It's a special program designed to help you enjoy your role as a parent. It's a place to share information and concerns with other parents during informal playtimes of structured classes. Children meet other children their own ages in creative play situations. At Family Focus we care about each member of your growing family. Doesn't your family deserve to be the focus of attention?
Family Focus serves all families in Poquoson, York County, James City County, Williamsburg and surrounding communities. Additional services include home visits, teen parent support groups, classes for incarcerated parents and their families, and regular developmental screenings.
For parents of infants to teens, we cover the whole developmental spectrum with a variety of class offerings to include health and safety-related topics.
- Beyond the Delivery: a post-partum class for parents and their infant. Infant stimulation exercises to music and discussion of topics related to parenting a newborn.
- Infant Massage: Infant massage for newborns to 9 months.
- Al's Pals: Kids making healthy choices preschool program for ages 3-5.
- Active Parenting: for parents with children of 5 to 12 years.
- Here, Now and Down the Road: Tips for loving parents.
- One, Two, Three, Four Parents: for parents of children 1-4.
- Active Parenting of Teens: Video and discussion program for parents of teens.
- Grupo Para Padres Hispanos (Hispanic Parenting/playgroup): Spanish parenting class and playgroup for all ages.
- Dad’s Making a Difference Playgroup: Come play and learn with other dads.